Abstract Submission Guidelines
Acknowledgment that your abstract has been submitted will follow by e-mail shortly after submission. Notifications regarding acceptances will be sent by e-mail by August 28, 2018.
The conference will cover a wide range of topics including the following:
Biomaterial Surfaces & Interfaces (BI)
The BI topic will feature sessions focused on the latest advances in biointerface science and engineering. Papers are solicited in the areas of: biomaterial & interface characterization – especially in the biological environment; soft surface and biofunctional coatings; bio/nano imaging; biosensing; and plasmas in biomaterials & medicine.
- BI1: Plasma Processing for Biomaterials and Plasma Medicine
- BI2: Biomolecule/Material Interactions and Biosensing
- BI3: Bioimaging and Bionanotechnology
- BI4: Soft Surface and Biofunctional (egs., antimicrobial) Coatings
- BI5: Medical Applications
- BI6: Buddy Ratner’s 70th Birthday Session
- BI7: Biomaterial Interfaces Poster Session
Energy Harvesting & Storage (EH)
The EH topic will feature sessions focused on the latest advances in synthesis, characterization and applications of materials and material interfaces for energy harvesting & storage. Papers are solicited in the areas of: solar cells and solar fuels; storage materials; materials for thermo- & piezo-electronic harvesting; surfaces & interfaces for power conversion; and materials for environmental processes.
- EH1: Surfaces and Interfaces for Solar Cells and Solar Fuels
- EH2: Battery/Supercapacitor Coatings, egs., Li+ batteries
- EH3: Surfaces and Interfaces for Efficient Power Conversion
- EH4: Thermo-/Piezo-electrics
- EH5: Surfaces and Interfaces for Environmental Processes
- EH6: Energy Harvesting and Storage Poster Session
The NM topic will feature sessions on the latest advances in the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials along with their fabrication into devices. Papers are solicited in the areas of: surface magnetism; spintronics; nanomaterials characterization & reactivity; nanofabrication; nano devices; nanocatalysis; and nanocomposites.
- NM1: Nanocomposites
- NM2: Nanocatalysis
- NM3: Nanomaterials Characterization and Reactivity
- NM4: Nanofabrication/Nanostructures/Nanodevices
- NM5: Surface Magnetism and Spintronics
- NM6: Nanomaterials Poster Session
Thin Films (TF)
The TF topic will feature sessions on the latest advances in thin film science and engineering. Papers are solicited in the areas of: stress evolution and control during growth; microstructure and morphology of organic and inorganic films; 2D materials growth & characterization; nanostructured films; advanced protective coatings; plasma-based film growth & processing; and innovations in thin film synthesis & characterization.
- TF1: Plasma-based Film Growth, Etching and Processing
- TF 2: Stress Evolution and Control During Film Growth
- TF3: Advances/Innovation in Synthesis and Characterization
- TF4: Microstructure and Surface Morphological Evolution in Organic and Inorganic Films
- TF5: Advanced Protective Coatings including Hard Coatings Exhibiting Toughness
- TF6: Growth and Characterization of 2D Materials
- TF7: Nanostructured Surfaces and Thin Films
- TF8: Thin Films Poster Session